GRuB cherishes every person who walks through our door, and our volunteers are the heart of the organization.
Volunteers help us fulfill and expand our mission by sharing their time, energy, and skills on the farm, in the kitchen, building backyard gardens, and more.
Volunteers’ enthusiasm and generosity shape GRuB’s space, relationships, and programs and is utterly priceless. In 2017 alone, 196 individual volunteers contributed over 5,700 hours of their time (equivalent to nearly three full-time staff). Wow! Imagine the things we are able to accomplish with all that help!
How to Become a Volunteer
Some of the many perks to volunteering at GRuB:
- Seasonal volunteer appreciation parties
- Access to GRuB trainings, including our multi-cultural communication & anti-oppression trainings (Roots, Shoots, and Fruits)
- Fresh veggies from our farm
- Hands-on experience within a non-profit organization
- Internships eligible for academic credit
- Yummy meals at events
- Annual meet-ups to contribute to the direction of the Volunteer Program
- Exploring new roles and experiences and building new relationships
We have volunteer opportunities for people with a variety of abilities. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator with accessibility questions. We can set up a tour & a one-on-one meet-up.
Anyone 14 years or younger must be accompanied by an adult.
Service groups welcome!
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator to set up a date.